When choosing your new home, it is important to consider the right materials that suit your taste and preference, especially when it comes to your kitchen. There are a lot of things that bring more value to your kitchen and one of them is your kitchen countertops. And with this, choosing the right materials for your countertops is important.
Granite countertops are one of the most popular countertops that people choose to have. With its durability, beauty and affordability, it is an ideal option for those looking for high-quality countertop materials.
But choosing the right granite for your kitchen countertop can be tricky. This is because there are a lot of colours, patterns, designs and other factors to consider.
So if you are still having some trouble in choosing the right granite for your kitchen, you may refer to this article. Check out the five tips below in finding the right granite for your kitchen.
Choose Between Light and Dark
When choosing your granite countertop, you have to consider the colour. Whether you choose light or dark, you have to think carefully before making your choice. This is because granite colours can define the look of your kitchen.
Light coloured granite is usually chosen by those who want to create a classic ambiance in their kitchen. This is because it gives off a faded and soft look. On the other hand, dark coloured granite gives a contemporary look to your kitchen.
Pick the Right Pattern
The pattern of your granite countertop is also an important factor you should consider. This is because the pattern can either help you in choosing the right granite for your kitchen or give you a hard time in finding the right one.
The herringbone pattern is a popular choice for countertops because of its durability and elegance. This pattern is perfect for those who are looking for something perfect for their kitchen.
Choose a Peg as Inspiration
If you are looking for something close to the look of your favourite cut, the best way to find it is to pick one of your favourite pegs. There are a lot of granite colours and patterns that are available on the market today. All you have to do is to choose your favourite one and check if it is available.
Consider Popular Pairs
There are lots of ways on how you can make your granite countertop the talk of the town. If you are looking for something unique, you may want to consider the different combinations of colours, patterns and materials that you can pair with your granite countertop.
You can choose from the following as guides in choosing your granite countertop:
- Complementary Granite – this is when you choose a granite that has a similar colour to your other kitchen materials such as your cabinets, flooring and appliances
- Contrasting Granite – this is when you choose a colour that contrasts with your other kitchen materials such as your cabinets, flooring and appliances
The Rule of Thumb in Choosing the Right Granite Colours
As an old saying goes, “less is more.” This rule applies when choosing your granite countertops. Be sure to choose the right colours that will not overwhelm the mood, beauty and style of your kitchen.
- White Granite – White is the modern kitchen’s best friend. If you are looking for something that will make your kitchen pop, white granite is your best option. It will also make your kitchen brighter and more spacious.
- Black Granite – If you are looking for something that will create a sleek and modern look, black granite is your best choice. This colour brings elegance, beauty and sophistication especially if you have a contemporary coloured kitchen.
- Red Granite – If you are looking for something that will create a warm and inviting look for your kitchen, red granite is the best option for you. This colour is a perfect match for those who are looking for something that will make a statement. You can choose from a variety of red colours that can enhance the overall look of your kitchen.
With their durability, beauty and affordability, granite countertops are one of the most popular countertops that people choose to have. But finding the right granite for your kitchen can be tricky since there are a lot of things to consider. By following the tips and guidelines mentioned in this article, you can be sure that you will be able to choose the right granite countertop that will match your needs and give you the best bang for your buck!
Cotswold Marble & Granite is one of the best granite and marble fabricators and installers of natural stone and engineered quartz in the region. Let us help you choose the perfect granite for your dream kitchen countertops. Contact us today to get started!